Pen or Pot?
I have tried many different eyeliners. Pens, Felt Pens, Pencils, Gels, Pot liner and I can see a clear winner when it comes to which product I feel works best. The Bobbi Brown gel pot liner is my fav for a few different reasons:-
- It doesn't dry out too quick
- The shades are great
- It is very long lasting
A few tips for getting your eyeliner right and to stay on
- Prime the eyes! Eyelids can be very oily and without primer first, it isn't going to last very long.
- Use a good brush. I can recommend the real techniques liner brush or Mac 266 and 210 are both great.
- Use brown (espresso) instead of black. Bobbi brown do an espresso colour which gives a much softer liner look than the jet black. I use this a LOT for weddings or more natural makeup and it makes a dramatic difference
- Use Micropore tape to get your lines straight. Don't use sellotape as this can rip off the tiny hairs on your face around your eye. (I will do a YouTube Tutorial on this one day)
- Always put liner on after your lashes and fill in any gaps.
- Use olive oil Q-Tips. (Buy here) These are so tiny and great for correcting any little mistakes. You can get 25% off these until Monday 1st Feb using the code ESCENTUAL25.
- Practise. It really is possible to simply practise and get better and better at it with the right tools. :)
I hope this post helps!
Love love love xxx